The Yin Yoga posture Butterfly pose is a gentle and moving posture the assists both the hips and lower spine, the heart of human movement.
- It's a great way to stretch the lower back without requiring loose hamstrings.
- It's also really great for the kidneys and for people suffering urinary problems.
- Can assist in child birth preparations.
Some tips for how to get the most from Butterfly Pose:
- Start in a seated position.
- Bring the soles of your feet together, then sliding them away from you.
- Allowing your back to round, fold forward, lightly resting your hands on your feet or the floor in front.
- Make sure to allow your head to hang down towards the heels.
This is a nice posture for pregnant women because the leg are abducted, providing space for the belly.